Tuesday 26 February 2013

Encuadernació / Bookbinding

Hi there! I don't really know if the tittle I'm using is the right one, is done using bookbinding skills, but actually I did not bind a book. Just I've covered the cover, having a personal cover for the book. How did I reach there, talking with the costumer in that case, the costumer asked me to do a cover for a book, a happy birthday book, and she wanted to put the cover and all the pictures that she was getting from their friend for the present, in a spiral book! The idea it wasn't bad at all. I was happy to get this comission, but If I have the chance to improve this comission why do not tell to the costumer, and actually I wasn't happy at all to see the work I had to do on spiral book. The idea was that I was going to create the whole book, and then she will put inside the pictures and the text. But as usual, the times flyies, and she couldn't get the information (pictures and texts) of their friends, and because the time was rushing. and was not time for wait and get the pictures. The way to solve the problem, was to get a book already done, during the conversation I used as an example my sketch book, that I've destroyed (now fixed) too see If taking out the cover from the book pages was possible to cover the cover and bind the book again. And the trial was succsesful! So I went straight to do the work.  

And here there is the result.

This was the first step, I did the work, and I've attached with glue at the cover.
bookbinding, encuadernació, tre calligraphy, italic script, cal·ligrafia, calligraphy, carles gonzalez,
Here once is done that's the front.

bookbinding, encuadernació, tre calligraphy, italic script, cal·ligrafia, calligraphy, carles gonzalez,  
...and the back! (some extra red ink my mystake....)
Tre Calligraphy
Carles González

No comments:

Post a Comment