Wednesday 19 December 2012

LANDSCAPES

Today, I show you a video, that I did on a wonderful afternoon, on summer of 2012, at the lake of Banyoles, but till today hasn't been possible to edit the video.

I was all day working at my studio, with the hot temperatures of the summer, I must say that is not very comfortable do calligraphy on summer, at least on hot countries, now I understand why calligraphy, has kept more tradition at northern countries, maybe the temperature is a fact.

So like I was saying, tired of being closed at home, I called a good friend and photographer, Yurian Quintanas, that If he would like to come with me to do some calligraphy at the lake, at least was a fresh area, also plenty of mosquito, I set up the paper, I prepared the ink (Chinese sticking Ink) I've stack the paper on a non heavy wood, and let's go to the lake!

With no other intention that write in a fresh place, non a common place to do calligraphy, but it was a wonderful experience, and I think that this is not going to be the last time that I'll do calligraphy outside, maybe for the next time I will get more ready, about what to write, composition, colour, letterforms...

This time was just a trial, but be spontaneous is wonderful, isn't?

Tre Calligraphy & SIA Productions



Where could be the next time? forest? sea? abandoned fabric? middle of the road?

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment